The continuing adventures of…Bull shit!

Now if you read the last post, then I won’t bore you with that. Instead, I can bore you with this. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Alright, so last night my MP3 player (Rio S35s) went fool and it’s been slowly acting up for a while now. Still is but I’ll save that for later. When I got home, showered and all, I tried to mess with it and put some new stuff on to bring to work tonight. Well, it took a while, but I got it to where it was descent enough to safely put stuff on it. By this time, it was around 9am and I knew I had to go over to my aunt’s house for February birthday’s and to see my nephew Brad and his mom. I went to bed.

Around 2, my nephew called and left a message believe it or not. I did not get it until I woke up at 3. I got up and made the bed. While I made the bed, my wife(Pilani) came in to ask if I wasn’t something to eat and to tell me that she checked the caller ID and saw the call from my nephew. In case you are wondering, we keep the phone off in the morning because I work at night and people, whether they know this or not, call during that time. So I tell her I knew about call because I heard the message. Anyway, I said i’ll eat something because I know I won’t stay over to my aun’t house to long and any food would be gone by the time I get there. So I take a shower and get dressed. I went into the living room where the computer is to start putting stuff on my MP3 player. There was a salad my wife made on the table on the table for me. She said that I problably should call and tell my nephew’s mom and tell her that I was on the way there and I agreed. So I called over to my aunt’s and talked to my Brad’s mom. I told her that I was on the way before I go to work and she told me that she would be leaving in about 30 or 40 minutes. This was around 4ish. She also told me that “I’m not not going to wait around here until 8 or 9 before you go to work”. Now, I have to be to work at 6 and that’s 20 minutes away from my house. My aunt’s house is about 10 to 15 minutes away and it’s on another way that I can get to work. So I tell her that I go in to work at 6, so I was going to be on the way soon. She says alright so long as you can get here before she leaves or something like that.

Alright, so I get off the phone and told Pilani what she said. I didn’t want to because sometimes she doesn’t help the situation (as you’ll soon see). I was at the computer and about to put some stuff on the Rio during to conversation, but hadn’t done anything. Since that was the case, I went to put the phone up and eat. While I was eating, I decided to go ahead and start pushing stuff to my player while I’m eating. I also kept looking at the time. When I finished eating, I was pretty much finished filling my Rio with stuff. So I put my bowl in the sink and my wife said she would wash it. Cool. Washed my hands and went to finish what I started, which only took another minute. I was already dressed so all I had to do was grab my jacket, but I went to brush my teeth first. Done. Grabbed my stuff and left. This was about 4:30, 4:40ish? The highway is right up the road from my house, I didn’t get on because I did want to run and get the present for my nephew that I wanted to get him. As soon as I past the onramp, I noticed the traffic and the street I was on was kinda heavy. That is not a big surprise as there are a lot of shops and a mall in the area. So I decided not to go where I was going and just head straight over to my aunt’s. I couldn’t just turn around as it is a busy intersection. So I cut through a “shortcut” to get back to the highway. Because of trafffic, it wasn’t that short but i made up for it when I got to the highway.

Got to my aunt’s house at 5 on the dot. I knew I didn’t have much time already, but I had to make the most of it. I grabbed the gifts I had on me that my mom bought for the birthday people and went in. As soon as I went in, I was told that I JUST missed Brad and his mom. I was upset, but I rolled with it. As I figured, the food was gone and most of the cake (they usually start around 3 and that wasn’t happening for me). So I made my rounds to everyone there. Hellos, hugs, kisses, etc, all good. So I went to where I knew everyone I didn’t see was. Another little cousin asked me if I had seen Brad. I said no rather straight faced, but I was bitter. He pulled out his cellphone and showed me a picture that he had taken yesterday or the day before when he saw Brad. I was really upset at that moment, but I didn’t show it (I think). I didn’t want to see a picture of someone that I came partly
to see in person. He’s 13, so he probably wouldn’t understand how I felt at that moment, so I can’t hold that against him.

Wait, I have to say this. What the HELL does a 13 year old need with a cellphone! Let’s add to the fact that he had one stolen from him at school a few months prior. My nephew has one and he’s 10! That makes no sense to me. No child that young should have a cellphone. What the HELL is wrong with people nowadays! I know the are good to have, but damn!

Anyway, I talked to my family for a little while before I left around 5:20. Just enough time to get to work. And so I did. Cut to a couple of hours ago when my wife calls me and says the Brad mom called at 4:58 to say that she had left my aunt’s. Not leaving, left (keep in mind when I got there)! Pilani tells me that she was trying get Brad’s mom to turn around since she was not that far away, but she claimed that she was tired. Now, I could have gone to her mom’s house to see Brad but I would have been late. When Pilani told me this, I WAS PISSED. Now comes the kicker. After she tells me how she tried to get Brad’s mom to turn around, Pilani then tells me that I should not have been messing with my Rio and that I should have left after I ate. I was 2 seconds from blowing up. Now, there is a reason why I don’t talk about my wife here or anywhere much for fear of people thinking she is a bad person. She’s not, but she pissed me off and I had to tell it.

She continues to tell me what I did wrong, while also saying that Brad’s mom was wrong. Way too long story short (Too late), I hung up on her. I was NUCLEAR at this moment, and at work. Here is something that no one knows, within the last couple of years after a build up of stress, it doesn’t take much for me to get sick or worse yet, get a major headache. If upset enough, I could almost feel an aneurysm coming on – I wish I was kidding and I’ve never had one, thank goodness. So I had to calm down quick, needless to say. I’m alright, don’t be alarmed. My wife called back a little while later and started up again. I hung up again. Not feelin’ it. So here I am putting it down and surprisingly calm to a point. I hadn’t called Brad’s mom because I would say something really bad to her. Plus, they are leaving monday morning and i’m trying not to dwell on the whole thing. Guess what though, my wife was right in a way. If I hadn’t messed with my Rio, I could have left after eating. But, if I hadn’t eaten, I could have left earlier. If I had not called, I could have left earlier than that. If I hadn’t taken a shower…. you get the idea. The fact that my wife focused on the mp3 player, pissed me off. And I was doing that and eating. Anyway, I think i’m done with this. Let’s get back to the real deal.

Thank you again if you sat through this.

Tags: No tags

2 Responses

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *