So you’re all my people, and I care about you in some form or fashion, but some of you have been saying that you don’t know me at all. I guess there’s some truth to this, but everything I put on this blog is pretty much me. This is not a personal blog per se, but it does deal with me personal likes & dislikes. On the off chance that this is not enough, I offer up these rules of dealing with me. Chances are, I will meet you in person one day. 🙂
1) If you ever want to get on my bad side, treat me like I’m stupid. Please! This, folks, is up there with trying to end my life or hurting someone I care about. There are a couple of other things, but you get the idea. Example: You supposedly quit smoking. I ask you when the last time you did. You tell me you hadn’t puffed in a year, yet you smell like a chimney and I see smoke coming out of your mouth, you lying. That is an automatic 2 on a 3 count.
2) I might not be the easiest person to get to know, but I might be worth it. 🙂
3) I’m very hard on myself, deal with it.
4) If I say I’m going to do something, I have every honest intention of doing so. Please don’t hold it against me. If I keep doing it, talk to me, because,
5) I’m not that fragile that I will break if you tell me how you feel. However…
6) I will feel like breaking something if ALL you do is complain. And it’s a safe enough bet that I won’t be listening to you half the time.
7) Never get high off your own supply. I dislike people who are full of themselves. Call me crazy. By the way,
8) I am not full of myself. If you have ever believed that, you don’t know me at all (see #’s 2 & 3).
9) Did I mention that I don’t like being played for stupid? Ok. Just making sure.
10) I have a degree from Paranoi U. It stays on the shelf until needed. It is NOT always out or being used. If I am paranoid, there’s usually a damn good reason whether you want to admit to it or not.(see #1)
11) If I have my back turned to you while you are talking and I don’t acknowledge you, change the conversation. I don’t care. This is especially true if #6 in effect. If on the phone, you take your chances. 🙂
12) Talk to me, Dammit! I can’t read your mind, but I do know what you’re thinking. 😉 (see #5)
13) I should NOT be expected to pull things from you that you and I both know are there or has happened. Just get it out and let’s get it over with. (see #’s 1, 5, 9, & 12)
14) #’s 12 & 13 does not go both ways. Deal with it! 🙂
15) On that, if you are already feeling some kinda way, how I feel is not important. I don’t care what you say.
16) Should have been number one to me: Don’t ask a question you really don’t want the answer to! I will answer. You may not like it. You’ll be pissed & so will I. You have been warned. There are stipulations if #15 is in effect.
17) I should not be expected to do anything I really don’t want to do. There could be some resentment. And should I ask the same, don’t get mad.
18) I know my faults. I know when I do wrong. I do NOT need them constantly pointed out.
19) If you think I’m talking about you could be right, but you’re probably wrong. I will make sure that you know when I am.* 🙂
Following these rules won’t get you mad bread to break up, but we on the hand will be cool as a cucumber. And isn’t that more important? 🙂
* – This goes for anything said in this post. It’s not directed towards anyone….Unless you think so. That, I can’t help.
Not a Philosopher, but I think very deeply